hazel script for transporter

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

hazel script for transporter Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:53 pm • by Duvel
What would be the best way to keep a backup (automated via hazel to reflect any modifications) on my hard drive of a folder stored on a different volume?

Someone (mr. noodle Himself perhaps?) helped set up a backup of my dropbox folder years ago. It worked well but the recipe was lost at some point. I'm thinking of doing the same with a "transporter" server, like in http://www.filetransporter.com/

Any suggestions would be most welcome. All the more if they are explicit and can detail the necessary steps involved.
Duvel

Re: hazel script for transporter Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Check out this thread on syncing: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1593#p6500

Report back if you run into any specific issues.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: hazel script for transporter Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:54 pm • by Duvel
Thanks for the reply. I've tried but it doesn't seem to be working. I wanted to include a screenshot of the rule but when I drag it into the message it just monopolizes the screen and I can't navigate anymore.

What I'm trying to do is to have my "Documents" folder on the Mac synced into the "Transporter" server instead of having to put it there.

Here are the details without screenshot:
The parent folder on the first line of the rule is "Documents". Inside it I've created a new folder "docsForSync" since I understand hazel has to be given a parent folder to watch. The only adjustment I made to the rule you posted is "date last modified is not in the last 15 minutes". Asked hazel to run the script:

Processing folder Transporter (forced)
2015-02-13 21:13:31.162 hazelworker[630] File .Transporter Library is busy. Skipping for now.
2015-02-13 21:13:31.173 hazelworker[630] Done processing folder Transporter

waited half an hour, rebooted, ran it again several times. Same answer. What am I doing wrong?
Duvel

Re: hazel script for transporter Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:26 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Something has that folder open so Hazel won't process it. Try using What's Keeping Me (http://www.hamsoftengineering.com/products/wkm/wkm.html) to see what program is keeping it open.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support