Downloads folder rule no longer working.

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Downloads folder rule no longer working. Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:47 pm • by JBaby
I would like to make a rule(s) that will check the folders inside of my Downloads folder for .epub files. Then I want it to take those epubs and put them in a folder named AutoAddBooks that's located on my Desktop. Is this not possible anymore. I could have sworn it worked prior to Yosemite. Also, would it be possible to have Hazel unarchive zip archives prior to checking for epub files? I've been messing with this for so long that I'd be satisfied if just the epub rule worked. Thanks for any and all help in advance! :)
JBaby

Re: Downloads folder rule no longer working. Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:51 pm • by Mr_Noodle
First, create your rule to work on epub files. Test it out with epub files directly in the folder being monitored. Next, check the sticky article at the top of this forum about going into folders. You can also add yet another rule to unzip files. If you can't get it working, post your specific rules.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Downloads folder rule no longer working. Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:35 pm • by JBaby
Thank you so much. I feel really silly. :oops: It works perfectly now! Getting books into my Calibre library has never been faster! :D
JBaby

Return to Support