Email address of downloaded file

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Email address of downloaded file Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:57 am • by jgc
I've assumed that Hazel can select files based on the email address of the person sending a file through email. I see a selector called "Source URL/Address", which I further assume is what would select on email address. When I try it out, though, it doesn't work. Is there something special I need to do to get the email address available to Hazel? Or do I need to do something particular in Hazel to get them working? Thanks.
jgc

Re: Email address of downloaded file Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:24 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Where are you getting the email files from? Select one of them in Finder and check the "Where froms". If that isn't filled out then Hazel doesn't have access to that info either.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Email address of downloaded file Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:33 am • by jgc
Mr_Noodle wrote:Where are you getting the email files from? Select one of them in Finder and check the "Where froms". If that isn't filled out then Hazel doesn't have access to that info either.

Thanks. I'd checked that already and couldn't see email addresses listed from the files downloaded from my email client (Airmail). I thought I'd heard the Mac Power Users discussing a way to get email addresses of the sender; I'll have to check with them.
jgc

Re: Email address of downloaded file Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:23 pm • by Mr_Noodle
It's up to the app downloading the files to fill in that information. Mail does it but I'm guessing AirMail doesn't. You may want to send them a feature request for it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support