Copy/Move folders toward an existing hierarchy

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi All@Forum,

I begin to played with Noodle.

I have done a setup where Hazel :

- Watch a folder,
- Wait for a folder beginning by a "_" and close with "_" (_SampleFolder_ as an example)
- Which is older than 5 minutes

Is that possible, with an Action, to Copy/Move the renamed incoming folder toward a new hierarchy, even if the renamed folder is already present ?

Let me explain :

Case 1
- Folder to rename is "_ClientName_", with some folders/files inside this folder,
- When Hazel rename for the first time, it correctly renames as "ClientName", and will copy/move to "./MyFinaldestination/ClientName" + files/folders inside :-)

Case 2
- Once again, a second folder appears, named "_ClientName_",
- As the previous "./MyFinaldestination/ClientName" is present, Hazel rename it "./MyFinaldestination/ClientName-1"

I would like Hazel be able to copy/move inside ./MyFinaldestination/ClientName, like if I was archiving manually. In fact, is Hazel able to move renamed files/folders toward an existing structure, replacing ONLY modified files, and keeping this structure available ?

Many thanks for help.

Regards.
trouspinette

I found a topic with the same behavior I expect :

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4293
trouspinette

Take a look at "match patterns" in the help. You can create a custom attribute to match the client name then use it in a Sort into subfolder action.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support