Leading zeros in track numbers

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Leading zeros in track numbers Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:32 pm • by emmanuel
It seems that Spotlight stores the track number as a string, because it preserves leading zeroes on some of my MP3s' track numbers.

However, iTunes doesn't seem to store track numbers with leading zeros, so when I use a "Rename" action in Hazel that includes the track number, I usually have to make a second pass to zero-pad the track number (anal retentive? :)... perhaps).

Is there a way to get iTunes to write the track number with zero-padding when necessary (track numbers 1-9)?

Alternately, is there any way to instruct Hazel to zero pad track numbers when necessary? It would be simpler if it was stored as an integer, then I would request sprintf style format strings for the rename action (ie., "%02d" and the like).

Thanks for any help,
Emmanuel Gomez
emmanuel

Re: Leading zeros in track numbers Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:38 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I can't really control how iTunes indexes stuff but looking at it, Spotlight stores track number as a number. I have a feature on the list already to give the option of zero padding number tokens/attributes. It would be similar to how you can specify different capitalizations on string attributes.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support