Get Update Error for Hazel 2.2.2

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Get Update Error for Hazel 2.2.2 Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:18 pm • by Illegit
Hello,
I get the following update error when trying to update to 2.2.2:

Click for full size

I am the administrator account on my computer. I am not running Hazel off of a disk image. Please help. Thanks.
Illegit

Re: Get Update Error for Hazel 2.2.2 Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:56 pm • by Mr_Noodle
What version are you upgrading from? There was a problem with older versions when updating but that was supposed to have been fixed in the last couple releases.

For now, I suggest downloading the disk image from the site and installing that over top of your current installation (do not uninstall). Try that and let me know it works.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Get Update Error for Hazel 2.2.2 Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:05 am • by alims
I am receiving the same error message. I went to the website and downloaded the latest 2.2 from there. That seemed to install fine. The program says to get version 2.2.2. When I click update it get the file and extracts it and when I click install I receive the permission error. I have been receiving this for previous versions also. Thanks.
alims

Re: Get Update Error for Hazel 2.2.2 Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:30 pm • by Mr_Noodle
There was an issue that I believe was fixed in 2.2.1 so if you are running 2.2 then you won't have the fix.

For now, just download the latest (2.2.2) and copy the preference pane to the appropriate location. Either your Library/PrefrencePanes if you installed it just for your account or the top level /Library/PreferencePanes if you installed it machine wide.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support