10.6.8 troubles...

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

10.6.8 troubles... Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:46 pm • by vic
Hye;

So as i did not find convenient place to check what where minimum requirements for latest version, i installed it on my 10.6.8 system anyway. That was stupid of me, i agree.
It installed, unfortunately (it would be probalby great if there could be a safety guard that checks if the system has the minimum requirements for Hazel to run before installing).
Now for the troubles : a message pops "you can't open Hazel preferences because it doesn't work on an Intel processor mac." I wish to uninstall it, then install latest version available for 10.6.8 (which is apparently 3.0.18). But to uninstall it, in the support pages it says to go inside the Hazel rpeferences pane. Which i can't do, hence i'm stuck.
Reinstalling 3.0.18 over the existing installation didn't help, and the same mesage appears.
Is there a list of all the files Hazel has installed, so that i could erase those manually ? That would be convenient and solve all my problems. Thanks !
vic

Re: 10.6.8 troubles... Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:09 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Unfortunately, the installation process itself is governed by System Preferences so my control over that is limited. It does detect it but with the incorrect error message about an Intel mac, which is unfortunate.

Try removing the following, rebooting, then installing the older version:

- In your Library/Application Support folder, the Hazel folder
- In your Library/Preferences folder, the files starting with com.noodlesoft.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support