Yosemite - Hazel not automatically running rules

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I am having this same problem. Rules that worked now do not. I moved my rules outside of Dropbox to make sure that didn't have anything to do with it. The main rule I am having issue with is the Move with the date added not within x mins. The same folder has a rule to run an applescript to OCR a PDF. That works great.

As I was typing this, I had a thought and think I have figured it out...I just don't understand why this worked before Yosemite.

My Rules looked like this:

Do OCR
Move

The "Do OCR" would fire automatically, every time but the "Move" rule would never run. I changed the order of the rules to:

Move
Do OCR

Now, the Do OCR fires...and after 1 min (using Move if date added is not within the last 1 min), the Move fires.

Why is the order important now?
boilermaker

Just a quick question: does Google Drive have the same issues as Dropbox does in this domain?
njwfish

Are you having problems with Hazel not working with certain Dropbox folders? If so, please email support as I am specifically looking into this with someone from Dropbox (see sticky post about it at the top of the forum). I haven't heard of any such issues with Google Drive but it would be a tremendous help that, if you can replicate this bug with Dropbox, that you work with us to try and track it down.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support