Files don't move to 2nd internal drive

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Files don't move to 2nd internal drive Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:29 pm • by M A V 1 C
I setup a rule, it seems to be working fine. I want files "where from" a certain site to move to a folder on another drive. No matter what I try, it wont move. Just to be sure the rule was running, I also told it to change the label. The label color changes, but the file still wont move.

I searched a bit and haven't found anything about this issue. I'm using 10.5.4 and Hazel 2.2.1

Thanks
M A V 1 C

Re: Files don't move to 2nd internal drive Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:39 am • by Mr_Noodle
First off, you might want to use the "Source URL/Address" attribute. It draws from the "Where From" field but should actually work a lot better.

That said, it seems that the failure is in execution, not matching, since the label is changing. Check the logs by going to the "Info" pane and clicking "View Log". Look for any errors moving the file. Post/email whatever you find.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Files don't move to 2nd internal drive Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:55 am • by M A V 1 C
Thanks. I probably should have just made one change at a time, but I made a couple and now it's working. One was to use Source URL/Address. I just assumed that since the Get Info window in the Finder said "where from" it would be accurate.

Files now move, thanks.
M A V 1 C

Return to Support