Text rule not working :(

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Text rule not working :( Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:37 pm • by CoriMariee
Hi guys,

I'm new here, but I hope you don't mind if I ask you a question.

I'm trying to Hazel to read a word in a document and put the documents containing that word in a folder accordingly. I selected the text option but doesn't seem to be working.

The word I wanted it to search for was "Kathryn"

Any help would be much appreciated. :)
CoriMariee

Re: Text rule not working :( Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:52 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Can you describe the rule you are using? Are you matching using the "Contents" attribute? If so and it still isn't working, does the document show up when you do a Spotlight search on "Kathryn"?

If it doesn't show up in a Spotlight search then it's probably an issue with Spotlight. Let me know what you find above and hopefully I can better figure out what's going wrong.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Text rule not working :( Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:12 pm • by CoriMariee
Thank you. :)

I was using text is, but contains works great. :)

Yet another newbie question, do you have to set Hazel to send you a growl notification as part of each rule, or can you set it to automatically do it for all rules?

If you'd rather I start a new thread I'd be happy to, just wasn't sure whether you like to save space or keep threads topic specific. :)

Thanks again so much, hazel is making me feel in control of my mac space again.
CoriMariee

Re: Text rule not working :( Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Well, I usually like the threads to be on topic but since I'm here...

Hazel posts notifications for certain file events (usually ones where it moves, copies or renames the file) and errors. Anything beyond that you can add your own Growl notification. And with any of the above, in Growl's preferences, you can filter and configure them as needed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support