Hazel is in a hurry

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hazel is in a hurry Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:47 am • by Zazaya
I have Hazel watching the file where I download stuff. The rules, which used to work perfectly before Yosemite and the latest Hazel update, basically move the downloaded files to particular locations based on type; also archives are automatically unarchived.

However, since the latest updates Hazel is in a hurry. Pretty much as soon as the download starts it tries to execute the rules. In other words if the incoming file is an archive it tries to unarchive before download is completed and it fails. More interestingly after the download is finished it doesn't do anything. When I go in there to manually unarchive Hazel jumps in again but this time it tries to unarchive all files whether it is .txt, .pdf, .avi etc.

Similary with music files it mıves the folder before download finishes.

How can I make hazel wait for the download to complete before executing the rules?
Zazaya

Re: Hazel is in a hurry Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 pm • by Mr_Noodle
What program is downloading the files? You can add a "Date last modified is not in the last X minutes" though it be useful to identify the program doing the downloading in this case.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel is in a hurry Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:20 pm • by Zazaya
Tranmission
Zazaya

Re: Hazel is in a hurry Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:47 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Hazel will definitely not work with Transmission unless you (a) have Transmission put completed downloads in a separate folder and (b) have Hazel monitor that folder, and not the one with the live torrents being downloaded. I suggest making those changes and seeing if that fixes things.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Hazel is in a hurry Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:20 pm • by Zazaya
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try and report back.
Zazaya

Return to Support