Moving TV shows and Movies to different folders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi,

I've been trying to search for help for what I want to do. I've just recently installed Hazel to see if it can help automate some stuff for me. But it doesn't seem to be that simple or maybe I'm just new to it.

What I'm trying to do is I download TV Shows and movies to the one folder. I want hazel to determine if it is a movie or tv show. Both files will either be a mkv, mp4 or rar files in a folder. If it is far I'd like it to extract it and delete the rar files. If it is a tv show then I'd also like it to add to iFlicks as well but I can set that up myself once I get hazel to move it to the right folder.

Is there anyway Hazel can do all this? Or am I asking for too much?

Appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,
Andy
wakeboardandy

Unless it's set somewhere in the metadata, I'm not sure how this is possible. Even as a human, I'm not sure if I could do it without googling the show/movie name. Maybe there's some program which can look things up in a database to do this. In any case, some sort of script will be needed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thanks, I thought it might be a case of not being possible.

What I was trying to do was get hazel to recognise if the file name or folder had the 's03e01' type prefix inside the name. As all the tvshows have that common denominator. So I was wanting it to move anything that has that prefix to one folder 'tv shows' and every other file to another folder.
wakeboardandy

Ah, well, if you are looking for specific text like that, then that's definitely doable. Search for the article on "match patterns" in the help.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support