A conflict of interest..

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

A conflict of interest.. Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:37 pm • by majisafi
Hi

I am in love with Hazel. That was my grandmother's name. It has turned my 3K computer into a real computer...hahaha.

I have an inbox folder that receives my email attachments. If it receives a PDF it files it away for my just as I asked. Yet I receive PDFs from a friend that I need stored elsewhere. So I created a rule that states that if the "Where from" (in the more info) has Steven Cook (they always do) , then place in the Steve folder.

My problem is that they are PDFs first so Steve's pdfs are stored with the others. How do I sort this out?

Thanks!

Lance
majisafi

Re: A conflict of interest.. Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:02 am • by majisafi
Well I have been playing around and I have found out why I am having trouble.

I am attempting to sort pdfs by the "Where From" spotlight option. What I have found is that Hazel will not allow me to only use a portion of that text.

For example:

I want all PDFs from Steve to go into a Steve folder, and the same for Ryan. They are both identified within the More Info/ Where From.

I set a rule that says /where from/ contain/ ryan

This does not work even though ryan is clearly in the where from info. My guess is that Hazel wants all that information listed.

Any ideas?

L

Thanks!!!!
majisafi

Re: A conflict of interest.. Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:31 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Use the built-in "Source URL/address" attribute. It looks at the same info but is a tad smarter about how to filter on it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: A conflict of interest.. Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:26 pm • by majisafi
I will try!

Thanks!

L
majisafi

Return to Support