Move a duplicate file to a "safety net" folder?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Move a duplicate file to a "safety net" folder? Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:20 am • by kristin
Hello.

I'm working on a rule to automate file organization for imported photos/videos. Since there's the chance that a file *might* be a duplicate, rather than "throwing it away" or "keeping a copy" of the file, is there a way to move duplicated to another (specific) folder for further manual analysis (i.e., a folder that I'll manually monitor, and if I find files in there, I'll manually inspect them against the "duplicate" to ensure it's in fact a duplicate before deleting it)?

Thanks,
Kristin.
kristin

No way to do that right now, except via a script. You can have it renumber (in which case, the new file will have a number attached), but then you'd need some other rule to check for the presence of that file and move the original. Something like this might be able to be done with version 3.3, which is due out soon.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Something like this might be able to be done with version 3.3, which is due out soon.

I'll keep an eye out for 3.3 and see if there's something there (and if not, then I'll look into the option you mentioned).

Thanks,
Kristin.
kristin

Return to Support