Photo management

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Photo management Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:00 am • by Power Penguin
Hi guys,

Can some of the photo management experts out there tell me the best way way to when connecting my iPhone have hazel automatically copy the photos from it and organise by month without doing any kind of cloud upload?

Cheers
Power Penguin

Re: Photo management Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am • by Mr_Noodle
Not really sure as I don't know of a good way to get the photos from your phone to an accessible folder on your computer. If you can get that part working, then you should be able to have Hazel process that folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Photo management Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:30 am • by Mr_Noodle
Not really sure as I don't know of a good way to get the photos from your phone to an accessible folder on your computer. If you can get that part working, then you should be able to have Hazel process that folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Photo management Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:33 am • by RAMillu
Hi,

when you plugin your iphone does the "fotolader" app launch? (thats what its call'd in dutch but i believe its called camaraimport in english. but its a preinstalled mac app so it should be on your mac. the icon is a little grey gamera)

if not open the app and check "open when camera is attached". i chanced the default import folder to a folder i call "sorting folder" and check delete after import. that way when you attache any kind of camera it pops up you just hit import all (or selected if you want to )and everything gets dumped in the sorting folder. from there i use hazel to first sort in to folders based on the camera model "make" and then with in those they get split up in to folders based on yyyy-dd-mm.
RAMillu

Return to Support