Aperture - Removing only duplicate JPG files when RAW exists

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

With Aperture and iPhoto going away in 2015, I'd like to clean up my MAC Aperture shared (iPhoto and Aperture) library by removing only those JPG images where a RAW file exists. Over the years, I have imported some JPG only files and at times just imported RAW files. But when I got my new Nikon DSLR, I kept the default to import BOTH JPG and RAW files. I have researched this issue on the web and found MANY people with the same problem. Most point to this post:(http://archive.bagelturf.com/aparticles ... /index.php) for directions. Personally, I have 300+ projects so this is not an option for me to manually work through the workflow. For people who have a hobby like mine (photography), the amount of disk space saved would be enormous and I'd be thrilled if you could help me design the right Hazel script. I would think this might be a good way to introduce others to Hazel too especially with the pending release of Apple's replacement product.

Is Aperture integration capabilities tight enough to make this a reality? I know the function doesn't exist in Aperture natively today and messing with people's photo's could be dangerous but I'm interested in cleaning my library before I import another 15 years of photo's. I'm going digital. :)

I'm an IT professional so I know how to make backups and test in a test environment. I'd be willing to work with you if you are interested in creating and testing a new script to share with others.

Let me know either way and thanks for a GREAT product!
Tradesman

It's a bad idea to manipulate Aperture's internal files. That said, something like that would require a script, at least until 3.3 ships, which may provide a way of doing this using built-in features.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support