Import Into iPhoto creating new album

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Import Into iPhoto creating new album Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:21 pm • by chambrick
I have a folder that I move subfolders of images into. That subfolder is basically an event of photos.

I'd like Hazel to import all the photos in that subfolder to a new event in iPhoto using that subfolder name as the new event name.

Is that possible? I don't see how since there are no options on the "Import into iPhoto" action. It only allows you to select existing events.
chambrick

Re: Import Into iPhoto creating new album Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:57 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Well, Hazel doesn't really import into events at all as Apple doesn't provide a way to get at it from the outside. As for albums, you can only import into fixed albums. You'll have to do a script to have it generate albums dynamically.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Import Into iPhoto creating new album Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 am • by chambrick
Yes Album not Event.

I have an AppleScript that I can use to create a new album and import the photos into that album.

I need one last piece of the puzzle.

I need to get that folder name from Hazel and pass it through to the AppleScript. I know I can refer to theFile as the file but what about the folder name?
chambrick

Re: Import Into iPhoto creating new album Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am • by Mr_Noodle
theFile is an alias which you can convert to a path. The path then contains, well, the whole path to the file so you can get the folder from it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support