Date matching oddity

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Date matching oddity Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:03 pm • by mtancock
I'm trying to use date matching on the contents of an OCR'd PDF.

It works in some cases, but not all. The oddity is because if I go into the PDF and do a manual search for the data, it returns a match (so doesn't appear to be a problem with the OCRing. But Hazel can't see it.

I've set up the date, I think I've correctly set up the tokens in the date. Is there anything I should know about/should try to get it to match? I don't quite understand the different between some of the options with regards to the tokens (e.g for the day 31 and 31)

Any suggestions?
mtancock

Re: Date matching oddity Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:38 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The underlined version means that it requires two digits. So, it has to be 01, not 1. If you still can't figure it out, post more specifics.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Date matching oddity Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:56 am • by mtancock
Ok, that makes sense for the underline thing.

Well here's the thing. if I do a spotlight search for the data in question, the only exact match result is the PDF I'm trying to get Hazel to match:

I've set up the rule to look at the folder, and first see if it can match a date.

The match is set up as Image

The date in the document is "24 Jun 2014" so to me it seems like that should match, but when I click on the little preview icon in Hazel, it is matching the next rule, which is my "no date" rule (it couldn't find a valid date, so flag the file)
mtancock

Re: Date matching oddity Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:29 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Could you email support with the file in question as well as an export of your rules?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Date matching oddity Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:13 am • by mtancock
Sent. Please delete the file when you're done!! :-)
mtancock

Return to Support