Hazel Applescript does not begin conversion in iFlicks 2

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I am very new to Hazel and Applescripts, so please bear with me as I try to explain and resolve this issue. I know it's foolish to play around with things you don't really understand, but this is all so cool! After some digging, I found an Applescript that does (in theory) what I would like it to do.

I want Hazel to take movie files, load them into iFlicks 2, update the metadata, and begin conversion.

I have my Hazel rules set as:

Kind is Movie
Run Applescript

Code: Select all
tell application "iFlicks 2.app"
   -- open file
   open theFile

-- adjust settings and start
   repeat with theVideo in videos
      if file of theVideo as string is theFile as string then
         -- modify settings and metadata
         update metadata theVideo
         -- start processing
         start theVideo
      end if
   end repeat
end tell

Hazel will open iFlicks 2 and load the movie into the program, but it does not begin processing the file.

However, if iFlicks 2 is already open, it sort of works. The video will load in duplicate, then iFlicks 2 will process one video and fail to process the other. I'm assuming that it duplicates because "Kind is Movie," and after processing, the file is converted to a .m4v, which will then fail to process.

How can I fix this?
rayyychul

Have you tried running this outside of Hazel? It seems that you might want to bring this up with the iFlicks2 team if you get the same results when running it on its own.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Have you tried running this outside of Hazel? It seems that you might want to bring this up with the iFlicks2 team if you get the same results when running it on its own.

I just tried it and I have the same issue (but the program won't process the files even if it's already open). I didn't even think to post this over at the iFlicks 2 boards - I will do that. Thanks!
rayyychul

Return to Support