Takin' out the trash

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Takin' out the trash Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:10 am • by alastor933
While in Hazel's support folder I noticed a large number of trash-(big number).hazeldb files, right back to the date of installation.
I have set Hazel to throw away files after 2 weeks; why do these files linger? The number in the name is a pointer to the actual file?
alastor933

Re: Takin' out the trash Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Whenever you connect to a new drive, there is a trash folder associated with it. Hazel will create a db file for each one. I have a bug on this which I will be investigating though keep in mind that since Hazel can't know whether a drive will be connected again, it keeps the file. I'll also think about maybe purging these after some time has passed.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Takin' out the trash Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:32 am • by alastor933
Yes, of course. Should have thought a bit before posting.
But.. what happens with these files when I myself empty the trash?
alastor933

Re: Takin' out the trash Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:02 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The files stick around. I'll have to look into how doable it is to delete the db file if the folder gets emptied. There would still be the issue that you connect a drive and then disconnect it while it still has stuff in its trash and never reconnect it again.

Note that there is a bug where the new db file is being created erroneously. I'm working on a fix for that. This is separate from the issue of new files being correctly created for new drives. Fixing the first one should greatly reduce the number of files created. The second one I'll have to think about more about how to deal with it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support