Hazel doesn't process files, then suddenly processes backlog

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi there! Didn't see this in any of the stickies.

I'm having a strange problem where Hazel seems to pause (sometimes for days), and then suddenly activates and processes everything in watched folders. Sometimes the 'un-pause' is triggered by a restart, and other times it just seems random. This is happening with many scripts/folders.

For example, I have a script that OCRs and moves files after they are placed into a predetermined (Hazel-watched) folder. After dropping many files in the folder over the course of many days, nothing is processed. Then, after launching the Hazel pref panel to make sure Hazel was turned on (it was), the files are suddenly processed.

I've tried everything I can think of (deleting and re-creating script), turning off other background apps, etc.). Nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Taz

Is the folder a shared dropbox folder or is there anything else about it of note? If so, note that it will probably not work because of Dropbox disabling file events on the folder in that case.

Some other things to try:

- Rename the folder to something else then rename it back.

- Export rules for that folder. Remove that folder from Hazel then add it back in. Import your rules back in.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

The folder is on Dropbox, but it is not shared. There's nothing else of note.

I'll try your suggestions. :)

-Taz
Taz

Return to Support