Show a list of files that meet a criteria

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Show a list of files that meet a criteria Thu May 15, 2014 5:39 pm • by chambrick
I'm just getting started with this wonderful product and am hopeful it will meet my needs.

One of the things I need to do is go through a folder structure and create a list of files whose video-bit rate is below a threshold--say 100.

1. I see I can show in Finder and I see the rule matched but there's no open Finder window showing the list. Did I do something wrong?

2. Once this rule processes the folder does it stop or keep processing
- only when folder contents change?
- should I pause it to not have it process then until I want it to?
chambrick

Re: Show a list of files that meet a criteria Fri May 16, 2014 12:11 pm • by Mr_Noodle
What do you mean by creating a list?

Hazel is always processing as needed though I can't say how that applies to you without more details.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Show a list of files that meet a criteria Sun May 18, 2014 10:35 pm • by chambrick
I want to check all the movie files in a folder and see which ones have been ripped with a low bitrate.

If the only way to do that is to show them in finder then fine. Yes I could change their color or set some other property but I don't really need to do anything to them.

I just want to see which ones are low so I can see which one's I need to have the client re-burn.

Of course the easiest way to do that is provide them with a list. That's why I used that term.
chambrick

You might be better off using a Smart Folder for this. It will show you a window with just the files you want.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support