Subfolders query - last step

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Subfolders query - last step Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 pm • by TehFenix242
I've read the stickies on subfolders and got most of the way to where I want to be but can't seem to get my head around the last little bit so hopefully somebody can help me.

I have the following rules attached (at the top) of my Downloads folders: -

1) Name: "Go into subfolders" | Condition: "Kind is 'Folder'" | Action: "Run rules on folder contents"
2) Name: "Extract to parent" | Condition: "Subfolder depth is greater than 0" | Action: "Move to enclosing folder"

When I have a folder with files appear in my downloads folder the contents is moved to the root of Downloads which is great. Once that's done I'd like to delete the, now empty, folder from the root of Downloads. I tried including a second action in my "Go into subfolders" rule that was "Delete folder" but it seems to delete the folder before processing the second rule (which when I think about it makes sense).

So is there a way to skip out of processing rules on a subfolder? Thanks in advance guys!
TehFenix242

Re: Subfolders query - last step Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:30 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Was the delete folder rule checking for a 0 size or 0 items in it or were you just deleting folders outright? You need to keep the order of rules in mind in that the first rule to match always wins. Use the preview function (the "eye" button) to check your work.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support