Sync OpenMeta Tags / Mavericks Tags

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sync OpenMeta Tags / Mavericks Tags Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:22 pm • by marvin
Hi,

I'm using tags a lot, the OpenMeta way aswell as the Mavericks way, since my setup relies on software that uses sometimes exclusively the OpenMeta way, sometimes the Mavericks way and sometimes both. That tends to create a mess where there should be order.

I'd like Hazel to keep the OpenMeta and Mavericks tags synced.

Both are stored as xattributes, alas, it seems, only the OpenMeta tagging also saves the time the file has been tagged last (org.openmetainfo.time:kMDItemOMUserTagTime, org.openmetainfo:kMDItemOMUserTagTime, com.apple.metadata:kMDItemOMUserTagTime). When I mavericks-tag there is no time stamp, it isn't saved in last edited either.

So... there is no way to sync them properly, is there? Since I don't have a time stamp for the Mavericks tagging, I can't determine which xattribute stores the latest tags for the the file that needed to be synced with the other xattribute.

Any help would be very welcome!
marvin

Re: Sync OpenMeta Tags / Mavericks Tags Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I can't think of a good way to do this reliably. What software out there is solely using OpenMeta? It seems to me those authors really need to get Mavericks tag support in there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support