Rule not automatically running?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Rule not automatically running? Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:10 am • by f0wlerUK
Hi Guys,

I have many different rules on various folders all working fine, and I'm adding more all the time, now I have a slight problem with one folder where the rule is working fine but doesn't seem to run automatically, it works fine if I go and force a 'Run Rules' from the menubar or System prefs panel.
I've tried looking at the View log and can see many different folders being checked but this one isn't on the list.
I haven't changed anything with the rules on this folder, but have added new rules to other folders, apart from me manually disabling each rule on all other folders, is there an easier way to try and identify why this isn't being picked up automatically?

Cheers,

Paul.
f0wlerUK

Re: Rule not automatically running? Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:40 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Try renaming the folder then renaming it back. If that doesn't work then try the following:

- Export the rules for that folder.
- Remove the folder from Hazel
- Add the folder back into Hazel
- Import the rules back in.

Report back on whether either of those fixes things.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Rule not automatically running? Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 am • by f0wlerUK
Yep the export rules and add folder back trick worked a treat, thanks for that Mr_Noodle. :)
f0wlerUK

Re: Rule not automatically running? Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:55 pm • by cablefish
I've been having this same problem for months and for months have done as suggested - renaming folders and exporting/importing rules. It will work in the moment but then stop the next time; requiring a forced run to get it to work at all.
cablefish

Re: Rule not automatically running? Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:30 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If it's a chronic problem, please email support. I can send you a test build which provides more logging which may help diagnose the problem.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support