files get converted

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

files get converted Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 pm • by Bakari@surewest.net
I'm trying to develop a workflow whereby when created screen captures are put into a dated subfolder and then the name of each screen capture file is changed from say "Picture 1.pgn" to say "screenshot-1", etc. This mostly works, but the problem is, when the screen capture files are put into the folder, they are converted to text files instead of remaining png files.

Also, when the workflow runs, sometimes the first or second capture does not automatically go into the Hazel created subfolder. I have to manually run it in order for this happen.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback.
Bakari@surewest.net

Re: files get converted Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:40 pm • by Mr_Noodle
First off, I'm assuming "Picture 1.pgn" is actually "Picture 1.png".

It appears to me that you are stripping off the extension (".png" in this case). In the rename action, you need to add the "extension" token at the end so that the extension is tacked back on.

As for your other issue, could you check the logs? Go to the "Info" pane and click "View Log" and see if there's an issue with those particular files.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: files get converted Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:43 pm • by Bakari@surewest.net
Mr_Noodle wrote:First off, I'm assuming "Picture 1.pgn" is actually "Picture 1.png".

It appears to me that you are stripping off the extension (".png" in this case). In the rename action, you need to add the "extension" token at the end so that the extension is tacked back on.

As for your other issue, could you check the logs? Go to the "Info" pane and click "View Log" and see if there's an issue with those particular files.

Great, your suggestion worked for the first problem. As for the second issue: the log delivered this message: "2008-04-24 19:41:18.941 (null)[0] File .DS_Store is busy. Skipping for now." It's not a really big problem, because at least the workflow puts the png files in a folder for me instead of having them scattered on the desktop is seriously cool.
Bakari@surewest.net

Re: files get converted Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:25 am • by Mr_Noodle
I think that log message is unrelated. So, you aren't seeing anything for the files that aren't getting moved?

I guess the other thing to check is to use the Preview function (located in the gear menu). See if those files are matching the appropriate rule.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support