Just want to watch Folder AND its subfolders

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Just want to watch Folder AND its subfolders Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:51 pm • by davestone
I just want an applescript to run when a file is added to a watched folder or any of its subfolders.
The Applescript works I just can't get the rule to trigger reliably. It seems to work in the watched folder, but it's hit and miss with any subfolder.

I have set for the conditions in my rule:

If any of the following conditions are met
Any File
If any of the following conditions are met for any of its subfiles or subfolders
Any File

__
Do the following to the matched file or folder:
Run Applescript x.scpt

Can anyone tell me how to get the trigger to work reliably?
davestone

Do you want the script to run once on a folder when anything below it is changed or do you want it to trigger for each file?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I just want the script to run once when anything in the folder or it's subfolders has changed, and it does. I'm using the hazelstop after it runs once. It's the subfolder trigger that's not working. Do I have it set up properly? Thanks.
davestone

Set up the rule to match the folder then, not each file. Check out the sync action described in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1593#p6500

That syncs if anything under a folder is modified which you can modify to your own needs.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support