Trash conflicting files periodically

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Trash conflicting files periodically Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:13 pm • by brandondurham
I have a development folder in Dropbox called "htdocs" that consistently builds up files that look like this:

Code: Select all
codekit-config (Brandon (H&FJ Desktop)'s conflicted copy 2014-01-07).json

This is the result of working in Dropbox and using CodeKit on two different machines. These files are useless and can be trashed. I've tried to set up a rule in Hazel to trash these files periodically, but nothing I do actually works. Here are my current rules:

When I preview this rule it returns nothing, even though I know there are dozens of these files in my htdocs folder. What am I doing wrong?
brandondurham

Re: Trash conflicting files periodically Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:28 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Click on the "i" button for the file in the preview to make sure the name appears the same. Maybe there are some odd invisible characters either in the file name or in the text you entered? You might want to try again by copying the text from the filename and pasting it into Hazel.

Also, on a side note, "Run rules on folder contents" doesn't make sense when applied to files. If you want Hazel to go into subfolders, check the sticky article at the top of this forum.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support