Evernote Script

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Evernote Script Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:13 pm • by kirkbond
I have been using this for a while as others to get statements into Evernote. It is working fine, but when I go to edit the rule or create a new one, it gives me the following error. Not sure what changed. Thoughts?

Using Run Applescript, embedded script and the script is

tell application "Evernote"
activate
create note from file theFile notebook {"Statements"} tags {"Upromise", "Statement"}
end tell

Rule Error "At least one of the actions has an empty field or an error. Please fill in the field, correct the error or remove the action."
kirkbond

Re: Evernote Script Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:05 am • by AustinMan_w/no_Plan
I'm no expert, but I experienced something similar when I forgot to hit the compile button after editing my script. Also had issue is Evernote is not open when editing the script.
AustinMan_w/no_Plan

Re: Evernote Script Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:09 am • by kirkbond
Well, sorry for the fuss. Seems to be working now. For clarification, it seemed to work for me only when Evernote was open. Is that correct for future reference?
kirkbond

Re: Evernote Script Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:28 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Normally, it should not require Evernote to be open when compiling the script. Most of what it needs should be in the dictionary it publishes. But then again, maybe there's some odd subtle thing that Evernote is doing here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Evernote Script Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:17 pm • by cmalberto
Oddly enough - my scripts that are setup just like this run fine...except when I go in to make an adjustment - ie...another notebook, I get a compile error, highlighting NOTE of the CREATE NOTE statement. So to eliminate this being a Hazel scripting issue, I copied mine - as well as the script from the previous post into the AppleScript editor. Same issue.

This seems to be more of an Maverick's issue than Hazel. Will go try on the Wife's MBP - still running Mountain Lion.

Since I move PDFs(scans) into Evernote based up year into the appropriate year folder, I have a few days to figure this out. If anyone else has a solution please post. I will update with my findings.

--Mickey
cmalberto

Return to Support