Hazel wants to throw away Alfred2 support files --repeatedly

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

When my machine comes out of sleep in the morning and at a few other times per day, Hazel offers to throw away my Alfred2 support files. This is the "app uninstall" dialog where "Hazel found files related to Alfred."

As I am an avid Alfred user, and use Alfred multiple times per day, and have customized Alfred extensively, I don't want the support files thrown away. So, after musing on why Hazel thinks I've uninstalled Alfred, I press the "Keep All" button. Hazel does a good job of keeping them, until she wants to throw them away again.

This suggestion doesn't come up every time I use Alfred, but several times when I use Alfred per day. I don't see any relation between what I'm doing with Alfred and whether or not Hazel offers. The only time I'm guaranteed to see an offer from Hazel is when I first bring my machine out of sleep in the morning (out of deep sleep).

System: Mac Mini, running 10.8.5. Both Alfred2 and Hazel are running the latest version.

Thanks for all your help!
Bill
BillNace

Do you have multiple copies of Alfred in the trash? To get around this, I suggest emptying the trash to get rid of them all. That should stop the alerts.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support