"Busy File/Skipping for now" log messages on JPEG

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Starting a new thread per your request on my issue (from this thread: http://www.noodlesoft.com/forums/viewto ... =1162#1162).

And yes, all the files are JPEG files, but they were not saved in Graphic Converter.

All the files were pulled via the web via drag & drop from Safari.
gcoghill

Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:38 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If the files are still busy after rebooting then my guess is that the busy flag got set on those files somehow. If you have the dev tools installed, you can use the "GetFileInfo" command to check it (it's the Z flag). If not, you can email me one of the files and I can check it here. If you go this route, zip the file up first using Finder's compress/archive function.

If you have the dev tools, you can un-set the flag yourself using the "SetFile" command. If you don't, then email me and I can maybe email you the program or figure something else out.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:08 pm • by gcoghill
Now I seem to have another problem, Hazel is reading as 'stopped' when I open the Preference Pane, and it won't start. The Hazel Helper is running in the Activity Monitor when I click 'start' though.

I may try to uninstall and reinstall - will that delete my folders & rules? Can I trash the prefs, and will this losr my data as well?

I don't know what the dev tools are, so not sure if that is an option we can try.
gcoghill

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:26 pm • by gcoghill
I was able to get hazel to start by checking the menubar option (which I normally have turned off).

Also, I was double-checking rules and keep getting this console message each time I open a rules settings:

2008-02-23 14:21:01.393 System Preferences[675] Volume not accessible for alias: (null)

It seems that this busy bug is only affecting files in one folder, toher folders seems to be working normally. I may just rebuild the rules for a new replacement folder for the buggy one and see if that fixes things.
gcoghill

Turns out I had the parent folder of the folder in question added to the 'privacy' tab of Spotlight to exclude from searches. Removing that folder from the Spotlight Privacy list resolved everything.
gcoghill

Return to Support