Important note to Tiger users running 2.1.3

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Important note to Tiger users running 2.1.3 Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:52 am • by Mr_Noodle
Some of you have been experiencing hanging issues with Hazel. It seems to be isolated to Tiger and usually kicks in when Hazel goes into demo mode though there's a chance it may happen earlier. I've just issued a patch (version 2.1.4) which should address this. Check the announcement here for details including steps for upgrading if Hazel is continually hanging.

To those who were affected, thanks for your reports and your patience.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I did however notice that having quit Hazel in System Preferences after checking 'old files' there, almost all of my desktop icons became blue labeled.

Admittedly I have not availed myself of the help and support documentation, but is this highlighting behavior normal, ordinary and routine?
chaloots

Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:55 pm • by Mr_Noodle
This should probably be moved to a separate thread but check out the FAQ here which should answer your question:

http://www.noodlesoft.com/faq.php#U4

If you still need help, feel free to post here (though I suggest a new thread) or drop me an email using the contact form on the site.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I was having the Tiger/2.1.3 hang problem, and was relieved to see a fix. I installed the newest version (which turned out to be 2.1.5 actually) and the hang issue is gone, but now Hazel is not processing files at all. Tried everything (quit/restart Hazel, run rules now) save for a logout/restart.

Specifically I m testing on a rule that moves color labelled files to a different folder, and this was working fine previously.

Will try the logout/restart later today, but thought I would give you the heads up now.
gcoghill

Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:34 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Check the logs and see if there's any activity there. You can also try turning on debug mode (see the sticky article in this forum) to get more log output. Let me know how it turns out.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

File is busy? Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:58 pm • by gcoghill
Logs are showing that all the files in the folder are busy, and skipping for now:

2008-02-22 12:54:45.469 hazelfolderwatch[19623] File image-010.jpg is busy. Skipping for now.

This messages appears over and over for individual files in the folder. Let me know if you need more info.
gcoghill

Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:27 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Are all the busy files jpgs?

In any case, I think this might be getting off topic (I don't think it's specific to any version). Start a new thread or email me and let me know also if you saved those files usiing GraphicConverter.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support