Multiple logins suported?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Multiple logins suported? Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:35 pm • by gigabite
Great and useful bit of software, Hazel. This forum is also helpful.
I don't see this question posted here, but I'd think others have run into this issue. Perhaps it's an OSX thing as opposed to a Hazel question. (We've just made the big leap from 8.6, so this has been quite a learning experience.)
We've got the one iMac in our household, with multiple users, each with their own login under 10.51.
Hazel only shows up in my preferences pane, and not in the other users'. Is there a way to harness Hazel to work for all logins on this computer, or does each user need a separate licence?
TIA for any help you can provide.
gigabite

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:52 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you want Hazel installed for all users on a machine, when you install it (by double-clicking the preference pane), you are given the option to install it for the current user or machine wide. If you select the machine-wide installation, it will install Hazel in the top level /Library/PreferencePanes folder where any user will see it.

But that's just the logistics. Multiple users should get multiple licenses. In your case since you are all in the same household, you can get the family pack which is attractively priced (less than the cost of two licenses) so that would be the solution for you in that situation.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support