Zip files not processing correctly

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Zip files not processing correctly Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:24 pm • by Quine
I tried to make a rule today so that when a zip hits my downloads folder, it unzips, trashes the zip, and reveals the folder in finder. so I made the following rules:

If extension is zip:
1. Unarchive File
2. Reveal in finder
3. Move file to trash

Sadly, unarchive file just reports an error in the log and fails. So I tried open with default program instead, but that does something totally strange:

If move file to trash is not there, it reveals the downloads folder with the zip correctly unarchived but still there as expected.

If Move file to trash is there, it reveals the downloads folder AND trash folder in finder, and both the zip and the unarchived contents are in the trash.

It seems like it's considering the newly created unarchived contents with the original zip file, and I don't want it to do that, especially since that seems like odd behavior. I have no clue why it's opening the trash folder either, since the reveal action is being called before it's moved to the trash.

Here's the log when the action executes:
(null)[0] siggraph.zip: Rule Process Zips matched.
hazelfolderwatch[372] [File Event] File moved: /Users/Quine/.Trash/siggraph.zip moved from folder /Users/Quine/Downloads to folder /Users/Quine/.Trash.

it's being opened with archive utility btw. And when I try the unarchive action, it just says:
hazelfolderwatch[360] siggraph.zip: Rule Process Zips matched.
hazelfolderwatch[360] [Error] Unarchive failed: Failed to unpack archive for /Users/Quine/Downloads/siggraph.zip.

Thanks!
Quine

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:58 pm • by Mr_Noodle
This is a known bug. Check the beta forums over the next couple days as I'll be putting up a test build with a fix for this.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 am • by Quine
Great thanks!
Quine

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:53 pm • by Mr_Noodle
2.1.3 beta is up. Check out the beta forum.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support