Hazel cannot find folder. Would you like to select....

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I'm running v2.1.2 (v396) under Leopard (10.5.1)

When I start the Hazel preference pane and select the 'Downloads' folder I get the following:

"Hazel cannot find folder. Would you like to select another folder? Any rules for this folder will e transferred to the folder you select, otherwise they will be disabled"

I've removed the Downloads folder from the Hazel Folder pane and re-added it but still get the same message

Suggestions?
bhcohen

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:04 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Hmm. It appears the internal alias handling is still a bit wonky.

Could you try removing the folder from Hazel, quitting System Preferences, restarting and then adding it again?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

That appears to fix it.. Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:32 pm • by bhcohen
I did what you suggested... the errors seemed to have disappeared
bhcohen

Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:32 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Glad it's working now. I'm looking into what might have been causing it so let me know if it happens again.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I've been seeing this issue randomly as of late. I can't tell which folder Hazel is referring to as the error message is vague — would be nice if it read "Hazel cannot find the folder "XYZ". Would you like to select…".

I'm assuming it's referring to the selected folder. Typically I see this when launching Hazel, and it refers to the first folder on the list (if it was the selected folder when last quitting the prefs). If I select another folder, and then re-select the folder at the top of the list, all the rules show up and I get no error message.
gcoghill

Is there a folder in your list with a red x over it and is that the one you were referring to as the last folder selected when you quit? Could you email me a screenshot or movie of this?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

That what was so odd - no red X. I believe I fixed it by re-adding the first few folders in the list (it seemed to only affect the top-most folder, so I reordered them to troubleshoot).
gcoghill

Strange. Definitely let me know if it happens again.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Will do. Have not seen it pop up since my fix.
gcoghill

Return to Support