Trash files older than 1 month action not working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I have an action I want to run on 2 folders that should trash files after 1 month, but it's not working for me.

I have it set up like this:

If > all > of the following are met
All files
Date Added > is not in the last > 4 weeks

Do the following:
Move file > to folder: Trash

Am I doing something wrong, or does it look like a bug?
FOOOD

Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The rule looks correct. How does it look when you preview it? If the preview doesn't match what you think, then it's possible the date added on the files isn't what you thought they were.

If the preview looks good, then check the logs ("View Log" in the "Info" pane) and see if there was an error when trying to move the file into the trash.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:09 pm • by FOOOD
When I run preview it doesn't find any files that fall within the 'older than 4 weeks rule'. But in the folder there are files dated from Dec 2006 all the way up until now.

Looking at the log it says it's trashing files after 1 month.

The older files were most probably there before I set up the Hazel action. Maybe I should trash the older files manually & it will work on the newer added files?
FOOOD

Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:31 am • by Mr_Noodle
Ah, well "Date Added" is a Hazel thing so it won't have a value until Hazel started monitoring it. That means the file could be older than the actual date added if you only had Hazel recently monitoring those files. You can either wait it out or trash them manually but the date added should be accurate for files added after you set up Hazel on that folder.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:43 am • by FOOOD
Ah, it sounds like that was my problem.

I've trashed the older files, so now it's monitoring newly added files it will hopefully work OK.

Thanks,
FOOOD

Return to Support