Removing Hazel from system

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Removing Hazel from system Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:56 am • by mm_aa
Hi!

First of all I'm really disappointed by noodlesoft support - haven't got an answer for several days already.

My problem is after removing hazel from system using uninstall button I keep getting lots of hazel-related messages in log file every 10 seconds or so:

11/12/07 3:54:34 PM com.apple.launchd[163] (com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper[36155]) Exited with exit code: 1
11/12/07 3:54:34 PM com.apple.launchd[163] (com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
11/12/07 3:54:44 PM com.apple.launchd[163] (com.noodlesoft.HazelHelper[36163]) posix_spawnp("/Users/mike/Library/PreferencePanes/Hazel.prefPane/Contents/Resources/HazelHelper.app/Contents/MacOS/HazelHelper", ...): No such file or directory

How on earth can I remove this thing from my computer????
mm_aa

Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:47 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Checking my records, I do not have any outstanding support emails. The one email similar to this (which may be yours), I responded to on November 8. If you did not receive it, please check your spam filters. For instance, I know that Gmail's spam filters have been overly aggressive lately.

As for the problem, it appears that you are running an older version of Hazel and it was removed without running its built-in uninstaller.

You can go into your Library/LaunchAgents folder and remove all files starting with "com.noodlesoft.Hazel". Log out and back in and that should clear everything up.

Let me know if you need any more assistance on this.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support