Date Last Matched Change?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Date Last Matched Change? Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:20 am • by desh
Before 2.1, the following rules worked great whenever new files were added to a folder:

Kind is Music
Date Last Modified is after Date Last Matched

Do something...

Starting with 2.1 (and still with 2.1.1) these rules result in a no op. I've tried changing Date Last Modified to Date Added, still no luck. If I change the rule to:

Date Last Matched is blank

It works. As it happens in this case, this should be a sufficient workaround for me. However, I could see other cases where comparing the last modified date vs the last matched would be important. Did something break here?

Thanks!
desh

Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:21 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I'm looking into this. I just want to confirm that this definitely was broken in 2.1 (and not 2.1.1 specifically). If it broke just in 2.1.1, there's a chance it's a side effect of a fix I made but it should stabilize itself after a short while. Let me know.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:29 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Ok, I've identified the problem and it was indeed introduced in 2.1.

Yes, the "Date Last Matched is blank" should match the first time. After that, the file should have a last matched date assigned to it. So what you really want to do is duplicate the rule, have one match last matched is blank, and the other to match date modified after date last matched (and have both do the same actions). This should be a suitable workaround for the time being.

I'll work on a fix but it might be a little while before 2.1.2 will be released. If you desperately need a fixed version, drop me an email.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:02 pm • by desh
Thanks for the update (and confirmation that it's not just my system). The workaround you proposed will work fine for me. I'll try out the fix once you get around to the next version.

Thanks!
desh

Return to Support