Old Tagging rules "attribute unavailable" in Mavericks

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Hi,

I've had a rule in Hazel which moved files from one folder to another if
* the file got tagged (Openmeta) and
* the tagging date was older than a week.

After upgrading to Mavericks the rules in Hazel show "attribute unavailable" and do not work anymore. Is there any possibility to bring these rules back (or apply them to the Mavericks tagging system)? In fact, all OpenMeta tagging rules show "attribute unavailable".

Unfortunately I created these rules a long time ago and have no clue anymore how I did it.

I'm on Mavericks (german language) with Hazel 3.2.1 (build 1049).

Thanks.
gf
goethesfaust

Nothing has changed w.r.t. OpenMeta support (or lack thereof, since it was never officially supported). Are you sure OpenMeta is working in general? Try creating a Smart Folder and see if the OpenMeta attribute shows up there.

Otherwise, I suggest switching everything over to use Mavericks tagging. I find there's little reason to continue to use OpenMeta if you are on Mavericks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

You were right, the OpenMeta-Tag rules didn't show in Smart Folder either anymore (to be honest, I don't know what the name of the tags actually were...).

After updating to Hazel 3.2.2 the labels don't show "attribute unavailable" anymore but the names "TagOM" and "Tag Time".

Thanks for fixing this!
goethesfaust

Well, I didn't actually do anything for this specifically. I suspect things somehow fixed themselves on the OpenMeta side.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support