Contains match not working on split PDF

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Contains match not working on split PDF Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 pm • by zigmund555
I have a rule which works perfectly on a document as long as I print it directly from Word into .pdf (using the built in Save as PDF...)

However, what I want to do is print a bunch of pages from a mail merge into a PDF, then split them, then have Hazel rename them based on the match. However, hazel won't find the match after the split.

If I do the mail merge, then print each page separately using Word, Save as PDF it works perfectly.

If I do the mail marge, print the whole thing to a PDF, then use Automator "PDF to Images" to split it into separate files, hazel won't find the matches. Any ideas? Is this something with the way Automator splits it?

Extract Odd/Even won't work because there are too many pages and I need 1 page to a file.

Edit: It does the same thing if I use PDFpenPro's built in script to split the PDF.
zigmund555

Re: Contains match not working on split PDF Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:08 pm • by Mr_Noodle
I suggest emailing support with some of the files as well as the rules you are using.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Email sent, thanks!
zigmund555

Return to Support