Move entire contents of subfolder

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Move entire contents of subfolder Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:37 am • by Danroback
Hi there.

I am trying to set up the following process without much success and was hoping that you could help me.

I have a folder into which I drop other folders. I would ideally like Hazel to scan the dropped subfolder to see if it contains any files with a particular extension and if it does, it should then move all the files contained within the subfolder (regardless of extension, as long as there is at least one matching extension) into the parent folder and delete the now empty subfolder.

Any suggestion gratefully received and much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Dan
Danroback

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:50 pm • by Mr_Noodle
The way things are structured, rules operate on one file at a time so you can't really match the conditions on one file but have it operate on a different one (or ones). For now, you can have it execute a script or Automator workflow to do what you want.

You can do a separate rule to match empty folders and throw those away. Just do "Kind is Folder and Size is 0".

I'm considering different schemes to allow one to apply actions to the containing folder but I still don't have anything I'm happy with yet. Still thinking about it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support