AppSweep not working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

AppSweep not working Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:00 pm • by MikeyDaBear
I don't know what the issue is. I noticed a few weeks ago that the AppSweep function has completely stopped working, despite being checked off in the System Preferences for Hazel.

I don't know of any third-party app that would interfere. I do occasionally use AppDelete or AppCleaner, but I don't have them set to stay active all the time or activate at startup.

Any suggestions? Uninstall/reinstall Hazel?
MikeyDaBear

Re: AppSweep not working Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:34 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Turn on debug logging as described in the sticky article near the top of the forum. Watch the logs and try throwing away an app and see what messages show up. Post them here or email them to support.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: AppSweep not working Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm • by MikeyDaBear
Mr_Noodle:

Do you want me to actually empty the trash after I move the application there? Seems like we're fishing for why Hazel isn't doing its thing when the item is put in the trash as far as the log goes.

Either way, not a problem. Just let me know. I sure as hell know how to reinstall an app!

Thanks,

Mike
MikeyDaBear

Re: AppSweep not working Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:37 pm • by Mr_Noodle
No need to empty the trash. You want to know why it isn't working so the best way is to throw something away and see how Hazel responds or not (with the additional logging). Those logs may or may not have important information which will give us the answer.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: AppSweep not working Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:26 pm • by MikeyDaBear
Am going to send log via email.
MikeyDaBear

Return to Support