Scheduled Hazel Folder Moves

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Scheduled Hazel Folder Moves Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:19 pm • by ruffinmedia
I have Hazel setup to move the files/folders how i need them to be but I'd only like it to be done once a day (as opposed to instantly). Is there a way to have it move the files/folders daily at 12am and no other time?
ruffinmedia

Re: Scheduled Hazel Folder Moves Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:29 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Yes, try using the "Current time" attribute in your conditions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled Hazel Folder Moves Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:22 pm • by fschoenm
I'd like to do something similar: I have set up Hazel rules to remove old log files (that haven't been modified in a long time). But it's spamming my log file because Hazel apparently runs the rule the whole time.

My questions:

1. I have several rules (for log files, folders, and recursion into folders). Would I have to add a "Current time" condition to every rule or can I just add a rule before my others to abort execution of rules for this folder?

2. Would adding such a rule stop the massive amount of logging?

3. What happens if my PC doesn't run during the time I set as condition? Is there a way to let it run later that day if my Mac doesn't run at the specified time?
fschoenm

Re: Scheduled Hazel Folder Moves Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:41 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you are getting constant logging, my guess is that you might have a loop in your rules. But I can't really say without seeing the rules. Also, I suggest starting your own thread as I'm not seeing how this relates to the topic here.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support