Changing folder based on contents?

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Changing folder based on contents? Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 pm • by evenprimes
Hello all,

I'm just getting started with Hazel and going paperless, using many techniques from David Sparks. So far, Hazel is proving to be AWESOME. I've got 1 sticky question and I don't know if Hazel can help or not.

In my "process" folder (where all my scans and downloaded PDFs go) I have a rule that marks files red if they've been in the folder for more than 10 days. So far, great. However, what I'd like to also do is mark the folder itself red when there are files in it more than 10 days old. That way I don't even have to open the folder to see if there are old files in it.

I can/will manually remove the red flag after I deal with the files, but flagging old stuff would be most helpful for me.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
evenprimes

Re: Changing folder based on contents? Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 pm • by Mr_Noodle
If you hold down option while clicking on the + button to add a new condition, it will add a sub-condition. There, you will see an extra pop-up to indicate the target of the conditions underneath it. There you can set it to "any of its sub-files". What that does is match folders where any of its sub-files match the condition. The action will apply to the folder itself and not the files.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support