Using Contents Contain twice in a rule not working

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

I have all my scans going into one folder then hazel analyzing folder and moving files to folders that are indexed by DevonThink. When I add a second Contents Contain the rule no longer runs.

I manage all my mom's bill paying along with my own and some invoices are from the same company. I want Hazel to identify an invoice from Southwest Electric with my mom's name and send it to one folder. If invoice contains my name, send to a different folder. I can get it to identify the vendor and contain match the date, rename the file and move it. But if I add a second condition with one of our names, the rule doesn't run at all.

This works

This doesn't

Is there another way to accomplish this that works?

Thanks.
Sue
sgirardier

For "contents contain", do a Spotlight search for the term in question. If the file in question doesn't show up in the search results, then that condition won't match in Hazel either. You'll need to diagnose your Spotlight installation/config to see what's going on there.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thanks. That's the problem though I now have to figure out why my OCR is picking up the first but not the second.
sgirardier

You can also try "Contents contain match" instead. You can use just text instead of a pattern. The caveat here, though, is that it's more resource-intensive than "Contents contain" but it may not be noticeable depending.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support