Hazel spontaneously marked everything "newly added"

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Things have been running along fine for weeks, then all of a sudden today Hazel went and marked everything in a monitored directory as "recently added", and apparently reset all their "date added" to today (this despite most of the files having "add dates" of more than a week in the past).

Looking at the files, no other attributes were altered, this appears to be solely a change in Hazel's perception or assignmet of the "date added" field.

This is with 2.0.2 (v358) running 10.4.10 Intel (MacPro 2xdual-core).

Worst part: Can't be fixed, because no way to correct Hazel's perception of "date added". Seriously, we really need some way to alter "date added".
jwiede

Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:07 am • by Mr_Noodle
Not sure what happened there. Do you see anything in the logs around the time it happened? The only things I can think of is that the administrative files were corrupted somehow or the files were moved and put back?

If you are really desperate to edit the date added and are somewhat technically savvy (i.e. you can understand the structure of XML files) the drop me an email and I can give you some instructions.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:59 pm • by jwiede
Sorry for the delay in response, moving is like hell without the good parts.

According to console, there's nothing in Hazel's log at all, so nothing around the time indicated to give any clues.

I'd really, really appreciate if you could provide the info about what to edit (very comfortable with XML/XSLT work), and will contact you via email to give contact info.

Thanks!
jwiede

Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:36 pm • by jbardi
I just purchased Hazel, but all of the files in my downloads folder using the default rules are showing as "Newly Added Files" when I do the "Preview Rule Matches" option.

99% of the files in my Downloads folder have been downloaded days, weeks and months ago, and yet Hazel sees them all as "Newly Added Files" as if they were just added today.
jbardi

Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:48 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You can check out the FAQ question http://www.noodlesoft.com/faq.php#U5.

OS X does not record that info. It's something that Hazel records itself so any files Hazel encounters for the first time are "new". Those files are considered prehistory and since OS X doesn't record that data, there's no way to know when they were added.

It's a thing you have to deal with the first time but files added after Hazel starts watching the folder will be correct.

Oh, and to the original message in this thread, the latest version (2.1.1) should fix the sporadic resets of the date added data.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support