Sort downloads in folders with date names

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Sort downloads in folders with date names Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:33 am • by LaurentR2D2
Hello,

Is it possible to sort downloaded files in folders which name would be the date of the day in a format like : 20-07-2013, for example ?

Thank you
LaurentR2D2

I've tried with an automator workflow which creates a new dated folder and move the file inside, but it won't do what I want. It doesn't wait for the file to be fully downloaded, so I ends up with multiple dated folders, each one with a dated subfolder, and so on ;)
LaurentR2D2

Re: Sort downloads in folders with date names Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 pm • by Mr_Noodle
Try using Sort into Subfolder and drag in one of the date attributes (Date Added is usually the best fit in this case). After you drag it in, click on it to bring up the menu. From there you can edit the format to your liking.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Mr_Noodle wrote:Try using Sort into Subfolder and drag in one of the date attributes (Date Added is usually the best fit in this case). After you drag it in, click on it to bring up the menu. From there you can edit the format to your liking.

It's perfect. Thank you :D
LaurentR2D2

Return to Support