Flickr upload

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Flickr upload Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 am • by cmsj
Now that Flickr is generously letting us flood their servers with 1TB of photos, I thought I'd do stuff like have Hazel rules for all my games, so the screenshots get automatically uploaded to Flickr.

Before I get stuck in and start building/consuming command line uploading tools, I was just wondering if anyone has come across such a setup before. I searched around and couldn't see anything.

(on a side note, it would be great if Hazel could grow native support for these sorts of services)
cmsj

Re: Flickr upload Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 am • by Mr_Noodle
Thanks for the suggestion. Note that it will take some time since, unlike say FTP, SFTP or WebDAV which are standard protocols, each service has their own proprietary way of uploading and authenticating (and some have a tendency to change things every so often). So, for any particular service to be included, it would have to (a) be popular among Hazel users (b) shows signs that it will be sticking around (c) have a reasonable API and (d) not be prone to changing it frequently.

For now, though, you'll have to use a script or Automator action for this.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Re: Flickr upload Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 am • by ilium007
Has anyone thought any further about this ? I was about to write some Python scripts based on flickrapi to be called from Hazel but if there is something else out there such as an applescript etc I am all ears.
ilium007

Re: Flickr upload Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:21 pm • by dhy8386
I have something pretty cool for you. Accomplished this leveraging a python script i found. Will post detailed write-up tonight and link to it.

See my post here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3320
dhy8386

Re: Flickr upload Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:15 am • by ilium007
Much awesome, so many Flickr, Hazel yes
ilium007

Return to Support