AppleScript to move PDFs to Evernote fails

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

AppleScript to move PDFs to Evernote fails Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:28 pm • by PaulBII
Hello,

Is this an issue with Hazel or Evernote or Mac OS X Mountain Lion?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn6355mis3lnef1/Hazel%20rule.png
PaulBII

I've had reports of this but nothing has changed in Hazel on that front. I suspect maybe something changed with Evernote's AppleScript support. Have you tried compiling the script in the AppleScript editor?
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

It fails in the same way when I try compiling in the AppleScript Editor. Does that point more toward Evernote or something in the OS?
PaulBII

I'm guessing something changed in Evernote's AppleScript dictionary so I'd contact them about it.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

I was having that exact same problem and found a solution that worked for me. When editing the AppleScript for sending things to Evernote, Evernote had to be open. If it was closed, I'd get the exact same error as shown in your picture. Once the script was completed and the Hazel rule saved, Evernote no longer had to be open. I don't know AppleScript (it's a copy and paste job for me), but this is what worked for me. Maybe someone with more knowledge could explain it.
mpaulwright

Re: AppleScript to move PDFs to Evernote fails Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:03 pm • by a_freyer
Your script compiles perfectly fine for me in Hazel, with the most recent version of both Evernote and Hazel.

I believe the problem may lie in a previous Evernote AppleScript dictionary (i.e. from a previous version), and AppleScript is confused.

To fix this issue, run this command in terminal to update your Launch Services database:

Code: Select all
/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain user;killall Finder;

My other suggestion is to delete the four instances of double quotes and replace them by typing.
a_freyer

Hello.

I am having the same issue with Evernote but neither suggestion worked. Did anyone have any success getting this fixed?

Thanks.
rfbriggs

Return to Support