Oops, i've screwed up my Hazel

Get help. Get answers. Let others lend you a hand.

Moderator: Mr_Noodle

Oops, i've screwed up my Hazel Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 am • by markbrown00
I was wanting to reinstall Hazel, and i made the silly mistake of uninstalling it merely by deleting the preference file. I later read in the manual that this isn't the way to do it.

Now, having reinstalled a new preference file, I can't get into the preference pane. I click on the Hazel icon, but all I get is a blank window.

Any tips for fixing this?
markbrown00

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 pm • by Mr_Noodle
You can check the logs using Console.app (located in /Application/Utilities) and see if there's anything interesting in there.

Why are you reinstalling? Keep in mind that rules are stored separately from preferences so if you are trying to salvage those, you should save away your Library/Application Support/Hazel folder.

I'd try moving all those files out of the way and making sure you can load Hazel with a clean slate.

Let me know how it turns out.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:03 am • by markbrown00
Thanks. Removing the application support files fixed it.

I was using the beta, but was having trouble opening up some of my preexisting rules to edit them, so i thought i'd try going back to 1.1.5
markbrown00

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:53 am • by Mr_Noodle
Do you still have those rules files somewhere? Were they created under 1.1.5 or 2.0 ? In general, any later version should be able to load rules from an earlier version so if that is not the case let me know (and send me the rules if possible).

Thanks.
Mr_Noodle
Site Admin

Return to Support